Thursday 26 July 2012

Pennine bridleway GPX

Ok, so I have been trying to find a complete GPX file for the pennine bridleway all the way to Kirkby stephen, but have found nothing, really want to use view ranger on my iPhone rather than maps. Anyway, decided the best course of action was to use the walking highlands route planner (http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/maps/) with its ace 1:25000 mapping and plot it myself. I have split it into a few files, first one is Middleton top in the peaks to the Mary Townley Loop (PBW 1), then the MTL to Garsdale (PBW 4), then Garsdale to Kirkby stephen, including some road (PBW 4), then the last one is the official Kirkby Stephen link, which is mainly on bridleways.

The links are here:
PBW 1PBW 2PBW 3PBW 4

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these...I was also having trouble finding a gpx of the route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. You've saved me a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete